Beautiful vintage custom saddle made at the infamous Rowell Ranch in Hayward CA in the mid-1960’s. Quality leather and intricate tooling though out the entire saddle. The attention to detail is demonstrated with the attractive buckstitching and special features which are rarely found in other saddles. Please see pictures.
The saddle has had limited wear and is in usable condition. The rich leather color and overall beauty would compliment any collection, or can be used in parades, western pleasure shows or just to enjoy a nice ride on a beautiful day.
· Marker Mark – E.C. Gillispie
· 100% custom hand tooled leather – highly skilled work
· Stirrups unique 2 designs – One side flowers / one side basket weave – and can be switched depending on preference - very unique
· Buckstitching entire saddle with precision – including the stirrups, horn and skirts – very rare to find this detail
· Short skirt has unique points towards fenders
· Overall Excellent – stored indoors and cleaned
· Leather – Excellent – no tears and supple
· Tree – Excellent – rawhide wrapped
· Structure – Solid
· Fleece – Excellent wool – no stains or tears
· Seat 15"
· Gullet 7"
· Skirt length 28"
· Center to bottom of skirt 14"
· Stirrups 4" wide; height 5 ¼ "
· Weight: approximately 35 lbs
R.T. Frazier Saddle - Model #164X
Highback/Slickfork R.T. Frazier saddle. This great old saddle has been professionally restored. The new sheepskin liner was replaced using the original stitching holes. It is the number 164X model. It is very well marked on each fender, latigo keeper, seat and stirrups. $2750.00
RARE LON BRADBURY SADDLE
RARE OLD LON BRADBURY COWBOY SADDLE GRAND JUNCTION COLO. This great old collectible saddle from a very rare Colorado maker is in wonderful condition. It is marked on both fenders and on the front and back of the 6" cantle. Bradbury was in business form 1909 to 1918 in this location. It has a 13 1/2" seat and oxbow stirrups. It was relined with sheepskin and was done right using the original stitching holes. Again this is a great example of a rare collectible old Colorado highback saddle. $2500